Saturday 11th August Narrow Tor

Narrow Tor is on the northern side of Sheeps tor just above Burrator reservoir...

...across from Peak Hill, Sharpitor and Leather Tor.

I tried to find Narrow Tor on my walk on 20th February but had to give up.  On that day I had approached the area from the eastern side of Sheeps Tor and couldn't find anything which could have been the tor.  Today I came in from the south west side and that provides a better profile view of the side of the hill with several prominent lumps of rocks visible and so I went over  to have a closer look. 

The grid reference in the book equates approximately to this rock a bit further down the hill but this doesn't fit the description provided.

Having wandered around all the outcrops in this small area I think this is the most likely one for Narrow Tor (278).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment