Friday 4th April Kestor Rock

A late afternoon/evening walk starting from the end of the road in Fernworthy Forest. A pleasant walk through the forest....

...and out on to the open moor.

To the Long Stone with Kestor Rock in the distance.

Nearby are several stone rows - there is a double one visible and another going off to the right.  In the far distance is Cosden Hill.  I was heading down to the river near the end of the line of trees.

A closer view of one of the double stone rows.

My destination was the two Clapper Bridges.  This one which goes over the River Teign and...

...about a hundred yards away is another one which goes over the Wallabrook.  I have been very close to these two bridges in recent times but it's seven years since I was this close!

I followed the tree line back and this girl with her two dogs passed me, she was happy to have her photo taken. 

The wall corner on the left is Batworthy Corner.

I headed up to Kestor Rock - a most impressive tor.

On top of the tor are these two little pools both created by the elements over thousands of years.

In the distance is Chagford.  There is another stone row running off to the left.

Just across from Kestor is Middle Tor but as the sun was going down...

I returned to the gate on the edge of the Forest.