Monday 9th June Bagga Tor

A bright sunny morning but overcast in the afternoon  This was more of a meander than a walk and an opportunity to explore this area in a bit more detail.

Bagga Tor with Bodmin Moor in the far distance

The other way towards Tavy Cleave with Hare Tor in the distance

This was my route out towards Lynch Tor

Lynch Tor but I didn't go there today instead I headed over to the side of....

...Standon Hill.

Across this lovely little stream.























I didn't go on top of Standon Hill but contoured along the side of it.  This large piece of granite looked like it had been worked on as some time and then abandonded.

At the bottom of Standon Hill I took the 'funnel' which leads to the River Tavy.

This is the flood plain with some rich vegetation.

On to the longest footbridge on Dartmoor

I then took the tricky route alongside the river (I won't do that again) to arrive at the stepping stones which are in two parts.... the easier bit....

...and the longer bit.  Both easy today but not when the river is higher.

Then back up to Bagga Tor.

Past the May blossom