Monday 2nd February Cox Tor


A heavy snow shower as I drove out to Pork Hill car park for a relatively short walk.

I headed up towards Cox Tor with Marcus in his all-terrain wheelchair. An amazing piece of kit, capable of easily going off road.
 Just after I left Marcus it started to snow again and I think this little pony thought I might have some food.


















As I got near to the top of Cox Tor the dark clouds were coming in from the west.

On top of Cox Tor were these two sheep with their very distinctive markings. Tavistock is in the distance.

Over to the east there was still a little blue sky, Great Mis Tor in the far distance.



I went down the other side and another pony came towards me again expecting food.

The dew pond at the bottom was completely frozen and the black clouds from the north were approaching fast.

Up to the space between Roos Tor and Great Staple Tor

By the time I got to Great Staple Tor the sleet was falling heavily......


Middle Staple Tor.

The sleet quickly changed to heavy snow and I wandered back to the cars. There must of been a couple of  inches of snow on the road and traffic coming up Pork Hill was having some difficulty. I think at that time it would have been quite impossible to get up the hill from Merrivale to Princetown.

At least I managed to do a short walk in magical conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment